Saturday, October 23, 2010

Natural Born Killers

This film might stand out as not your typical horror film, but this film falls under that banner rather well. Natural Born Killers is one of the oddest things I've seen, possibly ever. Being directed by Oliver Stone makes it that much more bizarre. This more had a lot of notoriety surrounding it as being a shocking and intense movie. I wasn't that excited about seeing this one, but it had the shocking label attached to it, so I had to. This one was weird, very experimental, but had did have a few shocking scenes. The only parts I found shocking were portrayed by Rodney Dangerfield. Yes, that's right. Him. His portrayal as an abusive, sick father was pretty disturbing.

The rest of the movie really just felt like a college student's class project. The switching from black and white to color, all the strange angles and constantly moving camera... I couldn't wait for this to be over. The 5 minutes of shock was not worth the other 110 of bizarre dullness. Perhaps if this film was under the hands of a different director who's more skilled in the horror genre, without the other acting, this could have been good. It had a great cast, just used very poorly. I was most shocked at how boring I found this film.

Shock or Not? Not

Film: 1/5
Shock: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment