Saturday, October 23, 2010

Suspiria

If you don't know who Dario Argento is, then you need to learn...fast. His name is synonymous with blood filled Italian horror. Suspiria is arguably his best work. I had heard about this movie ever since I was a kid. When I finally was able to see it, I was blown away. The visuals and intensity are pulled together so well with some rather shocking murders. When this movie ended I felt like I had just woken up from some bizarre nightmare. The brightness of the blood was an interesting artistic direction. It really went with the aesthetic of the rest of the film. The murders in this film were shocking, and brutal, even by our standards 33 years later.

If you know Argento's work, you can tell just by the look and feel of this movie that it was sculpted by his crazy hands. Which by the way, donned the black leather gloves as the killer, or so they say. I found this movie to not only be shocking, but also a fantastic addition to any horror lover's collection. It's a strange and fun ride that you won't soon forget. Argento wins with this one. I was shocked. Thank you.

Shock or Not? Shock

Film: 4/5
Shock: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment