Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I Spit On Your Grave (2010)

Growing up as a young boy in New York, I never thought the day would come where I would find myself laughing heartily while I watch a man be fed his own penis. However, thanks to the remake of I Spit On Your Grave, that day has come. This was one of the most outrageous films I've ever seen. The writer and directer got decidedly creative with how our lead character would exact revenge on these bumbling hicks.

It's a pretty simple story, a female author takes a trip to the country to spend some alone time writing, and also apparently drinking, and smoking weed. Apparently she is the only woman to travel to this part of America in the past 20 years and the local hicks decide they need to take full advantage of this. Putting it as kindly as I can...they raped her. After an agonizingly long sequence of this, she jumps into a river just as they are about to kill her. She can apparently hold her breath for hours because they wait for her to pop up down stream, but she never does. So these hicks, the town sheriff included, go back to their regular lives of watching tv and whittling pointy sticks.

Turns out she survived and has been in the forest for a month surviving on God knows what and somehow got herself a new pair of clean jeans and a shirt. Anyways, she comes back and starts messing with the hicks, and then captures them one by one and tortures and kills them in ways similar, but far worse, than how they tortured her. This is where the film just got hilarious. The most outrageous acts I've ever seen on screen happened here. Including what I mentioned in the first sentence. I had also never seen a man be raped with a shotgun until I saw this movie. That was a new one.

Don't ever see this, unless you're like me and can handle it. Even then, it's not really worth it unless you've had a few drinks.

Shock or not? Shock

Film: 2/5
Shock: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment