Saturday, March 26, 2011

I Saw The Devil

I heard about Korea's I Saw The Devil sometime last month, and I've been dying to see it ever since. It's not being released on dvd to the US until later this spring, so I was heartbroken thinking I would have to wait so long to see it. However, thanks to Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo, and a good friend, I was able to get my hands on the South Korean released dvd.

It was worth the wait.

This was a beautifully horrifying film. It exposes you to the darkest depths of humanity and holds nothing back.

The plot is rather simple. A serial killer takes the pregnant fiancee of a secret agent as his victim. He finds out and takes his time exacting his promised revenge. It's brutal and fun to watch this demented game of cat and mouse.

This was wonderfully directed and filmed. Aside from being a fantastic horror movie, it's also a very well made and legitimate film. It seems like the plot is will be more straight-forward than it actually is, and keeps you guessing until the end.

It had me reacting verbally many times, yelling out "Oh man!" as you straight up watch some one's head get caved in with a metal pipe. Like I said, it holds nothing back. Like some of my other reviews, I'm not going to give away any major plot details, as this is an amazing film you should see. If you can take it.

I'll leave you with this... The taxi cab scene is pure brilliance. One of the best shot and overall made horror film sequences I've ever scene. You'll know what I'm talking about when it happens. If you can take shocking films, get your hands on this one as soon as it comes to your country.

Shock or not? Shock

Film: 5/5
Shock: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment