Thursday, November 18, 2010

Inside (À l'intérieur)

In the past few months I've heard quite a bit about Inside, or À l'intérieur it's original French title. This film came out in 2007 and has been getting a lot of attention. I heard that it was not only very good, but also very shocking. Naturally I had to get my hands on it and I was not disappointed.

Instantly I realized that this film had something that I've never really seen in a horror film before. An element that really added an whole new level. The lead character is pregnant, and on the verge of giving birth. This added a new kind of anxiety I'm not used to having when watching horror films.

This started out rather normal for a horror film, just setting everything up. Then it got into the meat of it all rather quickly, which I liked. Considering the story around all of it was rather short and to the point, they didn't waste time messing around. Now I've seen French horror before, so I know what they are capable of and how far they are willing to go. Or at least I thought I did, until I watched Inside. This film is not for the faint of heart and I don't want to give too much away about it because for those who are going to see it, I want you experience it as it happens.

There were a few things about this film I didn't quite understand and a few editing choices I thought were odd, but overall it was quite good. It had me genuinely worried, and there were several times when I was staring wide-eyed at the screen with my hand over my mouth. Good stuff France, keep it coming.

Shock or not? Shock

Film: 4/5
Shock: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment