Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Street Trash

Street Trash blew my mind. I mean, I knew going into it that it was going to be nuts, but...wow. I'm not even sure what to say.

There are a couple of stories going on here. The first is that a liquor store owner finds a box of booze buried in his basement walls. A drink called Viper. He starts selling it at $1 a bottle to the local homeless population. It ends up having some really insane results. Those who drink it almost instantly start to melt. But this isn't your average human melting. Amongst the blood and guts is a bright, vibrant palate of blues, yellows, reds and greens. It's strangely artistic.

The other story focuses on a group of homeless that built a little settlement amongst a junkyard, and their insane leader who is a Vietnam War vet who's mind was lost long ago.

It doesn't take too long before this movie dives into the insanity and never looks back. I found myself often with my hands on my head in awe filled confusion of who the hell wrote this stuff. It was fun as hell to experience.

This one is for those who like horror, but also love the weird. You have to be into the weird in order to enjoy this film. If you are, watching Street Trash will be a gleefully twisted good time.

Shock or not? Shock

Film: 3/5
Shock: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment